Medicare Annual Election Period (AEP)
October 15 – Dec 7
It is the time of year when:
- If you are not currently enrolled in either a Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C) or a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D) you can enroll, and you cannot be declined.
- If you are already enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C) or a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D) you can switch to a different plan or company.
Please note with Medicare Advantage (Part C) there are no restrictions regarding pre-existing conditions, so you do not have to worry about your treatment or care if you choose to change to a different plan.
Medicare is Medical Insurance for people age 65 and above and certain people who have been receiving Social Security Disability Insurance for longer than 2 year.
If you are happy with your current plan unless you’ve received specific notification from your Insurance Company there is nothing for you to do, your coverage will automatically renew.
I encourage you to review your Annual Notice of Changes (ANOC). Every year plans make many changes, and it is important that you are aware of these changes, no one likes to be surprised. There may also changes to doctor networks, and Drug formularies, so it is important that you take a few minutes to review these changes.
You have probably seen those Joe Namath commercials, (not the one where he was modeling panty hose), but the one where he asks “Are you getting all the benefits you are entitled too”
You call the 800# and you speak with an agent (much like our agents) whose only objective is to put you into a plan that is different than the one you are currently enrolled in. In most cases this agent does not have the knowledge or experience we have. Please know we get paid to enroll you.
In 2022 there are some exciting changes you want to be aware of:
- 1. Did you know there are plan that refund a portion of your Medicare Part B premium ($148.50)? For many low-income people, the $148.50/mth can be eliminated completely
- 2. There are plans with improved benefits for Alternative Medicine (Acupuncture, Chiropractic and Naturopathic Practitioners & Massage)
You could be eligible for enhance benefits.
- 3. In 2022 there will no longer be a donut hole, I know this is welcome news for many.
- 4. There are also plans with enhanced Dental (up to $3,000 pcy), Vision, & Hearing Aids benefits.
You might not be aware, every year I am required to go thru considerable training and recertification to explain these plan changes. Since I’ve been helping people since 1993, I have the expertise to answer your questions.
Do you have friends, relatives or neighbors that have questions regarding their Medicare Benefits? Please share my name with them and ask them to give me a call. I will be happy to help.
Since I am a broker, I am not tied to any one company so I can offer you advice based on your needs and concerns.
Here is brief synopsis of some of the plan options available in 2022
Medicare Advantage Plans (Medicare Part C)
Has done some great plan changes 2022 –
- Reduced copays and improved prescription drug benefit.
- Still offer Therapeutic Massage (6 visits pcy with $20 copay)
- Over-the-Counter Benefit ($40/qtr)
has remained a strong provider of coverage. Always one of my favorite providers.
- $0 premium PPO plan (no referrals)
- $0 copay for PCP Office Visits
- $0 copay for 90 days’ supply of mail order generic drugs
- Dental up to $3,000
- Silver Sneakers
- Over the Counter Drugs
You can’t go wrong with Premera a welcome name in the Pacific Northwest. Offering several plan choices and one of the largest provider networks making them a strong provider
Many are in love with the simplicity of vertical integration. Offering 4 plans with prescription drug coverage and one without.
Most Medicare plans are very similar, only the additional benefits vary. Amerigroup offers many additional benefits that make them different than the others. Here are a few:
- OTC coverage – $135/qtr – Get a credit card which can be used at Walmart, Walgreen and more
- Personal Emergency Response System – (I’ve fallen and can get up)
- Prescription Drugs
- LiveHealth Online
- Routine Physical Exam
People are excited about the Dividend Refund plans, get paid $60/mth by your Medical Insurance. Plan also include all the bells and whistle you look for.
- • Dental Services – The dental benefits on this plan include coverage of preventive and comprehensive services up to $1000, including but not limited to cleanings, x-ray(s), oral exams, fluoride treatments, fillings, dentures or a bridge or a crown and a root canal.
- • Hearing Services -The hearing benefits on this plan cover, but are not limited to, routine hearing exams, hearing aid fittings and evaluations, and up to $2000 for 2 hearing aids per year with a maximum of $1000 per ear.
Medicare Supplement / Medigap Plans
Medicare Supplements are not Medicare Advantage Plans. You can enroll into a Supplement or Advantage Plan. Many people enroll into a Supplement because:
- They have lower maximum out of pocket maximum cost than Medicare Advantage Plan.
- They do not have provider networks, so your doctor is never out of network
- They do not include Prescription Drug Coverage or many of the extra benefits provided in Medicare Advantage
- Typically, they have higher monthly premiums than Medicare Advantage.
Plan F – all medical/doctor cost are paid, you pay nothing (only available to those eligible for Medicare prior to 2020)
Plan G – all medical/doctor cost are paid except the Medicare Part B deductible of $198
High Deductible Plan F – all medical/doctor cost are paid after you pay $2,340 deductible.
Medicare Part D (Prescription Drugs)
Prescription cost can vary widely. Why not send me your list of drugs to determine if you are with the best plan? Click Here to send list
For Plan Details
Asuris Medicare Script Basic
Asuris Medicare Script Enhanced
For Plan Details
For Plan Details
For Plan Details
WellCare Value Script
WellCare Wellness Rx
WellCare Medicare Rx Value Plus